November 20, 2019
A Guide On Vietnam E-Visa From Cambodia
The Socialistic Republic of Vietnam, though its 20th century, is home to few exotic and scenic beauties this world has to offer. It is also the 15th most populous country in the world.
Vietnam shares a border with China in the north, Cambodia in the southwest, and a long border with Laos. Vietnam also shares maritime borders with Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and The Philippines.
For travelers who want to visit Southeast Asia’s beauty, e-Visa is an excellent option. You need to have an email id and a credit or debit card. The former is to receive the status of the Vietnam e-visa from Cambodia, and the latter is to make the payment after filling out the online application. You can fill out the online form in a few minutes, and you’ll get the e-visa to enter Vietnam in no time.
Many travelers who visited Cambodia and want to visit Vietnam by land find themselves between lots of confusion. This article mainly focuses on explaining Cambodia-Vietnam border crossing, the requirements to visit Vietnam, and how to be prepared for immigration controls.
Who Are All Eligible for Visa to Enter Vietnam from Cambodia?
Vietnam has introduced e-Visa on 1st February 2017. This new system contributed to increasing the number of visitors by 29% in 2017 over the number of visitors in 2016.
To effectively apply for a Vietnam e-visa from Cambodia and to enjoy the short stay, the travelers visiting Vietnam must meet all the Vietnam visa necessities. There are 81 nationalities qualified for an electronic visa, including the USA, Australia, and various European states. List Of Countries That Allowed For Vietnam E-Visa.
The e-visa is accessible for short stays of as long as 30 days for the people who are visiting the country for tourism and a few of the other specified purposes.
Further, there are 24 eligible visa-free countries whose citizens can enter Vietnam without any permit. Germany, Sweden, Chile, and the UK are few of those visa-free countries whose citizens need not apply for any visa for visiting Vietnam. Please check Vietnam visa requirement for more details.
Documents Required for Applying the Vietnam E-Visa
The applicant must need to comply with the few requirements to apply for an e-Visa-
- A valid passport of 81 eligible countries.
- A credit or debit card.
- A working email id.
- A digital passport photos. Photo Guide.
- A digital scan of a biographical page in the passport.
Visitor’s e-Visas are accepted in 33 ports of entry. It is a pre-requisite to have an e-visa for Cambodia-Vietnam border crossing. List of Ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by E-visa.
How to Get a Vietnam E-Visa?
The Vietnam online visa application takes a couple of moments to finish, and it implies you don’t have to visit an embassy or consultant to apply for the same.
Steps to apply for the e-Visa are:
- Visit https://www.vietnamimmigration.org/vietnam-visa-application-online/ to apply.
- Fill out the online structure. Thus, you need to enter some necessary details data, for example, your name, address, date of birth, etc.
- Review your application for accuracy of the details entered, and then by finalizing your application, pay the required fees by entering your debit or credit card details. And submit your application.
Note: Errors and inadequate segments can prompt postponements and difficulties in application. Ensure you cautiously update all the data before presenting the structure.
- After submitting the online application, it will take around three business days to process your application to receive your e-Visa.
- All the endorsed/approved visas are sent by email. Thus, you can take a print of the same to carry along with you while crossing the Vietnamese border.
Some Additional E-Visa Rules to Know
- A valid passport (must be valid for one month, at least from the date of arriving at Vietnam.
- Passport must be having at least two blank pages to get the visa stamps while entering the Vietnam- Cambodia border.
- The e-visa enables a single entry to the nation, so the individuals who wish to leave Vietnam before the 30-day legitimacy finishes and afterward reappear the country will be required to re-apply for e-Visa.
- Most of the e-visa eligible nationals also need to obtain either a 30-day or 60-day Vietnam (VOA). Whereas the same requires more paperwork than the online visa, it is only accessible at five air terminals in the nation, which also involves a very long holding uptime.
- Keep a duplicate of the e-visa consistently: Visitors entering with an e-visa must convey a copy of their e-visa with them for the term of their stay in the country.
- Minors (under 14): Applicants who are 14 or under can be clubbed for their parent’s e-visa application. A different application needs to be finished for minors who are carrying their passport.
Vietnam-Cambodia Entry Borders
Below are the few well-known border ports of Vietnam and Cambodia.
1. From Kaam Samnor (Cambodia) to Vinh Xuong via Song Tien Landport in Vinh Xuong village, Tan Chau district, An Giang province, Vietnam
It is a river crossing border. You’ve to cross a river to enter into Vietnam, and this border connects Chau Doc in Vietnam with Phnom Penh in Cambodia. E-visa is a must.
2. From Phnom Den (Cambodia) to Tinh Bien via Tinh Bien Landport in Tinh Bien town, Tinh Bien district, An Giang province, Vietnam.
At this border, transportation is rare on the Cambodian side. If it’s available, then it is costly, and the border is open for all foreign travelers.
3. From Bavet (Cambodia) to Moc Bai via oc Bai Landport in Loi Thuan village, Ben Cau district, Tay Ninh province, Vietnam
First-ever crossing between Cambodia and Vietnam. The route is usually busy with affordable and fast traveling busses. Open for all foreign travelers.
4. From Prek Chak (Cambodia) to Xa Xia via Ha Tien Landport (also called Xa Xia landport in My Duc village, Ha Tien town, Kien Giang province, Vietnam)
You can cross this border, hiring a motorbike for about $7. Travelers should have e-Visa, and this is the coastal border.
5. From Trapaeng Thlong (Cambodia) to Xa Mat (Vietnam) via Xa Mat Landport (in Tan Lap village, Tan Bien district, Tay Ninh province, Vietnam)
This is a very recently implemented border crossing for foreigners – locals have used it for eternity.
NOTE that hours are about 07.30H through 17.00 – plus lengthy lunch breaks.
How to Commute to Vietnam from Cambodia?
The most common form of transportation while crossing borders between Vietnam and Cambodia is by bus. Many worries that the border crossing busses are a scam. They may be but not here. Vietnam – Cambodia border is one of the very few hassle-free border crossings in the world.
If you want to drive yourself between countries, then spend a few bucks and rent a vehicle of choice. Booking bus tickets isn’t that hard. You’ve lots of various booking platforms available which can come in handy, and transportation is very cheap compared to the west.
It is also conceivable to cross the border via a river or also via a motor ride too. Thus, from where you are entering the country totally depends on the travel route you decided to opt for. In any of the cases, residents of eligible nations can enter Vietnam via eVisa.