November 4, 2020
Vietnam visa news
Visa On Arrival
Short term travel procedures between Vietnam and Japan (The article is for reference only)
On the basis of reciprocity, Vietnam and Japan have agreed to apply short-term travel procedures (also known as preferential travel rules, which apply to Japanese citizens entering Vietnam within 14 days and Vietnamese citizens entering Japan).
The procedure, which will come into effect on November 1, 2020, allows one party to enter into the priority cases of the other party in a short period of time. Certain priority activities can be carried out, such as investment, trade, high-tech labor, diplomacy, public services. There is no quarantine within 14 days.
The embassy would like to briefly introduce the procedure for implementing the priority travel Ordinance, which is applicable to Japanese who have been in Vietnam for less than 14 days (the following is for reference only), and the entry personnel must abide by the Ordinance. As cited in this document:
1 / who can apply for this visa:
Foreigners (Japanese or third-country citizens) who enter Vietnam for the following purposes: investors, professionals, business managers, diplomats, civil servants, and their relatives.
2 / process:
A / apply to the provincial people’s Committee for approval: Organizations/organizations that invite guests to welcome guests need the approval of the provincial people’s committee in terms of the work plan, accommodation location, mode of transportation, special isolation.
Visa approval: upon approval by the provincial people’s committee, the agency/organization invites guests to apply to the Immigration Bureau for a visa approval order (under the guidance of the Ministry of immigration) and official letter No. 3374 / BCA-QLXNC dated October 2, 2020).
+The welcoming institution/organization should submit: (I) a certified copy of the business license or the competent authority’s decision on the establishment of the organization; (II) a document introducing the seal and signature of the authorized officer of the organization (form na16 is issued with Circular No. 04 / 2015 / TT-BCA).
+The agency/organization invites you to apply and receive the results at the Immigration Office (address: 44-46 Trần Phú, Ba Đình, Hà Nội hoặc 333-335-337 Nguyễn Trãi, Quận 1, thành phố Hồ Chí Minh）
After obtaining the visa approval order from the Immigration Bureau, please apply for a visa from the Vietnamese representative office in Japan. All foreigners are required to apply for a visa, including visa-free subjects stipulated in previous visa-free agreements, ABTC cardholders, Vietnamese permanent resident cards, etc
Other preparation documents: international health insurance or the agency/organization’s document invitation, promising to pay for the treatment of covid-19 when returning to Vietnam
B / on the plane
When purchasing tickets, one must present: (I) a passport or passport replacement document valid for at least 06 months; (II) the Vietnamese visa is issued in accordance with the approved work plan.
When boarding, you need to produce the following documents: the required documents on the same certificate of covid-19
*Note: you must enter Vietnam 1-2 days before the actual working time to ensure the waiting time for PCR test results.
3 / after entering Vietnam
- Show covid-19 certificate
- The electronic medical statement, temperature measurement. If there are signs of suspicion, they will be isolated immediately.
- Install Bluezone in Vietnam.
- Organizations/institutions invited or received in Vietnam will take them to the approved accommodation in private cars instead of public vehicles.
4 / accommodation
- Real-time PCR sampling and testing were performed when arriving at the residence.
- After the result for covid-19 is negative, it is allowed to work in the place
- PCR tests were performed every 2 days during the stay
- Strictly abide by the registered accommodation and work plan. Do not use public transport (according to the “medical guidelines for the prevention and control of epidemics covid-19 for foreigners entering Vietnam for short-term work” – issued together with official Circular No. 4674 / BYT-MT dated August 31, 2020)
5 / before leaving Vietnam
Last covid test 01 days before leaving Vietnam