September 24, 2019
Vietnam Visa on arrival posts
Vietnam Visa Run : How To Get Vietnam Visa In Moc Bai Border Checkpoint?
I want a visa run to Cambodia, can I get Vietnam Visa In Moc Bai Border Checkpoint
Yes, it’s possible to apply for a Vietnam Visa at the Moc Bai border checkpoint. This border gate is shared by Vietnam and Cambodia and those who wanted to extend their Vietnam visa can come here.
In order to apply for a Vietnam Visa at the Moc Bai border, you must prepare the original copy of the Visa Approval Letter which allow to pick up your visa at Moc Bai Border Gate . It should be the original letter, which shows the real stamp and signature. The letter will come from the Immigration Department of Vietnam.
How to Get the Visa Approval Letter
As mentioned, getting a Vietnam visa in the Moc Bai Border would require having a Visa Approval Letter for picking up your visa at Moc Bai Border Gate. So where will you get such a letter?
We can help you in processing the Visa approval letter and send it directly to your address. The processing time of your letter should take around 2 – 4 days. Once you have the letter, you can then travel to the Moc Bai border and apply for your visa there in order to extend your stay in Vietnam. The border is around 70 km. away from the city of Ho Chi Minh.
Please email to email@example.com for support
Applying for a Vietnam Visa at the Moc Bai Border Checkpoint
So once you’re at the border, how do you apply for your Vietnam visa?
First, you need to prepare the requirements. Aside from the Visa Approval Letter, you also need to have two photos of you. The standard size is 4 x 6 cm and the background should be white. Of course, bring along some cash since you will be paying the stamp fee at the border.
And just like with crossing any border, you must make sure to bring your original passport. It’s important that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your entry to the country. In addition, your passport should have two available blank pages for the visa stamp.
When processing your visa at the Moc Bai border, you need to accomplish a form called the NA1 form. You can download this form online and fill it out in advance. Make sure you provide accurate information to avoid any problems. Print the form and bring it with you at the border. It’s also possible to fill out the form once you arrive at the border.
How Much Will It Cost To Get Vietnam Visa in Moc Bai Border
So how much money do you need to prepare for your Vietnam Visa? This will actually depend on the length of time and the number of entries. For your reference, here’s how much you will pay for the stamping fees:
- 1-month single entry visa – $25 per person
- 1-month multiple entry visa – $50 per person
- 3-month single entry visa – $25 per person
- 3 months multiple entry visas – $50 per person
- 6 months multiple entry visas – $95 per person
- 1-year multiple entry visa – $135 per person
Step-By-Step Process of Getting Vietnam Visa in Moc Bai Border
Here’s a step-by-step process of how to get a Vietnam Visa at the Moc Bai Border:
- Take the public bus from the city of Ho Chi Minh. Head to the bus station at Park 23/9, which is located at the corner of the Cong Quynh and Pham Ngu Lao streets. It’s just opposite the Thai Binh Market. You can hire a taxi to take you to the place. The buses would depart after every 30 min and the fare is only 40,000 VND or around $2 per person one-way. For tourists doing a visa run, this would be a good option.
- Another option is to take a bus at the Pham Ngu Lao street in Ho Chi Minh. Some of the most popular bus companies are Kumho and Sapaco. But take note that these buses would travel all the way to Phnom Penh. So if you’re only doing a visa run and have no plans of going to Cambodia, you better go for the first option. The fare for these buses is around $10 to $12 per person one way.
- So once you arrive at the Moc Bai Border, you need to exit out of Vietnam by passing through the immigration and have your passport stamped with an exit stamp.
- After you get out of Vietnam, head to the Bavet border of Cambodia where your passport will be stamped to enter Cambodia. Make sure you have a valid Cambodian visa for this. You should be able to apply for a visa on arrival at the immigration of Cambodia.
- If you don’t have plans to holiday in Cambodia, you can go back immediately to Vietnam.
- To go back, head to the Moc Bai border, fill out the form and present your passport, visa approval letter, and your photos. Pay for the stamp fees and then your visa will be processed. This should take around 30 minutes. Once you have your Vietnam visa, you can take the bus and go back to Ho Chi Minh.